Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

A New Member

Last night we went to dinner at the Bourbon Street Steakhouse and Grill in Southland Greyhound Park. Several months ago I bought a $50 gift certificate for $25 through a local television station's promotion.

We decided to go to celebrate my birthday. It was a VERY nice restaurant! It's hard to believe a restaurant this nice is located in West Memphis and we had never eaten there!

There were running an early bird special, for $25 per person. We each got an appetizer, entree, side, dessert, and a glass of wine (we opted for sweet tea!)

We started off with our complimentary hurricane and seasoned bread.
Isn't this just adorable?

Very yummy!
Next was my appetizer. It had a fancy schmancy name, but basically it was crawfish layered on top of fried green tomato slices drizzled with a hollandaise sauce. Loved it! It kinda creeped me out. I felt like that mudbug was staring at me while I ate it's family.
For my entree, I chose Stuffed Chicken. It was stuffed with spinach and mushrooms and had a sauce that tasted a little cheesy to me, but not sure what it was. Both of us liked it! Blaine ordered the prime rib, but I didn't get a picture of it.

For dessert Blaine ordered the pecan pie and I got the Kitchen Sink Sundae. I'm picky about pecan pie. I've been burned by Sysco pies in restaurants too many times! This one was DELICIOUS!!! I wanted it more than the ice cream!!!

I'm happy to say I didn't eat all of either one of the desserts. I did have enough to satisfy my wanting it.

Tonight, we went to play trivia again. I was thrilled that my friend Stacy was able to come! If she hadn't we would have never won 2nd place!!! After winning, we had to go and play our winnings. (That's the only way to get cash, we only win "free play" money.) Everybody was pleased with what we took home!

I have fun every time we go to trivia and Stacy is a hoot! We've worked together, traveled to Europe together, and just had great times together.
She's so stinkin' skinny, I just want to shove a cookie in her mouth! But she looks great!

Show some bloggy love!

~Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)