Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

The only sure thing about luck is that it will change.

I'm so hyped up, I don't think I'll be able to sleep! We went and played trivia. At the end of the first round we were tied for first! Then we missed two crazy questions. The crazy part is that we had the right answer down and then put a different answer.

We were really discouraged and figured that we had lost our hold on the lead. We didn't miss a single question after that! We were in first place by 20 points before the final question, A SPORTS QUESTION! There was no way we were going to get it right. We didn't risk any points (It's kind of like Final Jeopardy.) One of the teams in second place got it right and tied us for first.

Now we had to do a tie-breaker question. IT WAS ANOTHER SPORTS QUESTION! We are HORRIBLE at sports. "How many career rebounds did Charles Barkley have?"

Seriously? The other team was a group of 4-5 guys. I figured there was no way we could beat them. I told Blaine let's reason it out:

*I said there are about 50 games per season. (Actually, from my research it is 82.)
*I figured Barkley played about 20 years. (According to ESPN it's 16)
*I guessed that he averaged about 15 per game. (According to ESPN, it's 11.7)
*I multiplied all that and put down 15000 as our answer.

According to this website, he had 12,546. Not a bad guess. The other team guessed 9,000. Wow, we won first place again! I was just giddy!!! I bounced all over the building!!!

We went to get our "play money" and the lady at the counter remembered my name! On our last $10 of winnings I hit a bonus!!!!! I'm jittering, I'm so excited

The feeling you get from winning, whether it be from trivia or a bonus spin, is addictive! I understand how people can get addicted to gambling. You win and you want to keep having that feeling. But, it's even better when you don't have to risk your own cashola!!!!

Show some bloggy love!

~Robin

1 comment:

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)