Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Skinny cooks can't be trusted!

I went to Kroger and bought some canning jars, spices, sugar, vinegar, and onions. When we got home I picked all my little green tomatoes!
I washed them and chopped them up.
Next I chopped a purple onion and a few yellow onions. My hands were stinking!!! I read that if you wash your hands while rubbing them with something stainless steel it will help the odor to go away... it works!!!

I added the tomatoes, and the onions to my pot. Then I added sugar, vinegar, brown sugar, turmeric, mustard seeds, minced garlic and pickling spice.

I was going to add some celery seed, but I thought I'd forgotten to buy it at the store. Of course, I didn't forget, I just didn't see that I'd left in it the bag :( I decided to spice things up a little and added a few jalapenos to the pot.
Next I brought this mix to a rolling boil, turned it down, and let it simmer for 30 minutes. I'm mixing two different recipes for this stuff!


 I sure do hope this tastes good!

Show the bloggy love!

~Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)