Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Beans, Beans, the magical fruit

I am happy to report that I have managed to finally lose some more weight! I have lost 2 pounds! Maybe it was all that cooking and running around for Thanksgiving. I don't know, but I'll take it! That brings me to a grand total of 67 pounds since January!


I did manage to leave the house twice today. I got the paper, it had my coupon and to gather the final tomato harvest of the year. It is November 26th and my pot garden is finally done for the year. I look forward to trying again next year.
I finally figured out how to get the oven to do its "self-cleaning" thing. After three hours of intense heat, stinky smells, and a little *cough-cough* smoke, I now have an oven with a little ash in the bottom. Woohoo!

While the oven was cleaning, I put the leftover ham in the crock pot. I added some onions, garlic, sea salt, and a tablespoon of honey. I read online to add the honey. I mixed up some cornbread and once the oven finished, I baked the cornbread. The beans were yummy. I'm sure we'll be extra "musical" later tonight!

I embraced my inner nerd and watched the Lord of the Rings marathon on Encore today. Director's cut, no commercials, and in HD. I'm taking a break right now, it won't be done until 10 pm.

I drug out all the Christmas presents I've been buying all year. I'm trying to figure out who's left I need to get something.

Show some bloggy love!

~Robin

2 comments:

  1. The Ticos have rice and beans at every meal. White rice, black beans. They were good, but not 3x a day good. Came home to see the pumpkins still on the porch. Guess I'll have to toss them this week to prepare for Christmas.

    LPage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, is that Ticos as in Costa Ricans? I used to live there!

    PDial

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)