Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city. George Burns

Just something about holding a sleeping baby makes me happy.
I love my family. I wish I lived closer. Someday.

Wednesday I went 'home.' Home is where I was born. Where I lived for 7 1/2 years. (The longest I have ever lived in one place without moving.) Where my dad and my sister live. Where my Granny lived. Where most of my relatives live. Where people know me and don't forget what an obnoxious child I was and pity Blaine for being married to me. Where I would go if my world were crashing down around me.

I know Blaine is my home, but so are they.

I went home for a sad occasion. My Uncle Bruce passed away unexpectedly. Wednesday night was the visitation. I have a loud, boisterous, mean, love you 'til you drop family. I love them back with all my heart. They give the best hugs!

Even though the circumstances were sad we were all happy to see each other.

My sister, Tanya, and Aunt Lottie. She's a hoot!
I was especially excited to have a little hands-on time with my great-nephew. He's a cutie pie. I swear I could sit and watch him sleep for hours! Don't you just want to pinch his cheeks?
Isn't he just the cutest thing!?!
My other great-nephew, the Peanut, was there. He's getting so grown up. Eight is almost ready to vote! He loved playing with my iPad. His mom taught me a new trick! Amazing!

I love my family. I always will. I love hearing stories and telling them. That always happens when we get together.

Families are like fudge, mostly sweet with a few nuts!

Show some bloggy love!


~Robin



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)