Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

I celebrated Thanksgiving in an old-fashioned way. I invited everyone in my neighborhood to my house, we had an enormous feast, and then I killed them and took their land. -Jon Stewart

This is what happens when I leave my hair in a twisty pony tail for tooooooo long!

Today was the day I finally sat down and worked on my coupons. It has been a while since I've been grocery shopping. I haven't been using the coupons. I haven't even been clipping them. I just let them amass into this huge pile. Thanksgiving is around the corner, and since I'm hosting this year, I have to get them in order for my grocery store trip!

As I was sitting there going through them, I was was getting mad. I finally went through my binder and I had to throw away so many coupons because I had let them expire. I even had ones that hadn't been clipped that had expired. It really makes me sad. I see these coupons and their value just adds up in my head and I think, what could I have done with that?

After HOURS of sitting and clipping, I am still not finished. I have to sort them and put them in the binder. That takes almost as much time as the clipping.

Don't ever think that coupon clipping is easy. But what a thrill to go through the checkout and see how much I saved!

There were plenty of coupons for many of the things I'll need for dinner.

So far here's my breakdown:

Turkey: Gotta call Gus's and get a price
Mystery Vegetable: Blaine's sister
Green Bean Bundles: me
Mashed Potatoes: Blaine's mom
Dressing: My friend from work :)  TLP
Salad: me
Corn Casserole: me
Mystery Dessert: Blaine's sister

I'm contemplating a Dino Breath Ball (aka cheese ball) and/or some other horderve whoredevour h'orderve,  appetizers.

I'm I missing something? Any suggestions? Maybe another dessert? I don't want to overdue. I do want it to be nice and taste great! I don't want to pass out at the end of the night. I have to be ready for all the sales!!!!

 May your stuffing be tasty
May your turkey plump,
May your potatoes and gravy
Have nary a lump.
May your yams be delicious
And your pies take the prize,
And may your Thanksgiving dinner
Stay off your thighs!
-Anonymous

That's all I know for sure I'm making right now. Feel free to give advice!

Show some bloggy love!

~Robin

2 comments:

  1. C'mon, you gotta have a sweet potatoe casserole! With a crust of butter and brown sugar and pecans...I can't live without it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cranberries!

    LPage

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)