Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

“If size did matter, the dinosaurs would still be alive.” Wendelin Wiedeking



This is not the face I had when I got home today. Today I went to the Gynecologist.
STOP READING NOW IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE OVERSHARE! If you want to see the recipe for the Dinosaur Breath Cheese Ball scroll until you see pics again!

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
You're still here? Okay, I don't want to hear any complaints about what I'm about to tell you!

I had a Mirena placed today. I never in a million years imagined it would hurt! I just thought it would be a little crampy and that was it.

Oh my heavens. It hurt. I was bawling like a baby. I don't know why. The doctor said it shouldn't have. I was not playing. He said it went in easy. "We do these everyday". I informed him that I do not get them every day.

He told the nurse to get my number and to call and check on me in an hour. Hmmm, I'm still waiting on that call. I'm okay, I feel much better.

When I got home I was still traumatized. I bawled for probably 30 minutes. I took a dose of Nyquil. I had been crying so much I couldn't breathe from being stopped up. I was out of my usual Benadryl.

I took a nap and felt much better.

Don't ask me why I was so traumatized. Breaking my ankle hurt worse. I just was NOT expecting it. If I had known, I'd have taken some medicine before I went and had Blaine come to drive me home. I know, I know, I'm a big baby. But, dadgum, it hurt.

After I finally recovered, I decided to go ahead and make Lisa Page's Dinosaur Breath Cheese Ball!
I start with two blocks of Philadelphia Cream cheese. Let these get to room temp. It makes stirring so much easier!
I chopped a bunch of the green parts of the onions! I also put these in a bowl of water to see if they will grow. I read about doing this on Pinterest!!
When the new parts start growing, you cut them and freeze them. Endless green onions!

Next I chopped up two jars of Dried Beef using my handy dandy kitchen scissors!
I use a small can of chopped ripe olives. Just dump them in the bowl! No chopping necessary!
So far so good! Now it's time to add the dry stuff:

I sprung for the good stuff!

I add a pinch of this (garlic powder) and a pinch of that (Mrs. Dash). I also added two tablespoons of Accent (I forgot to take a picture) It's MSG I put it in, because Lisa told me to!
Use a sturdy spoon! I started with a plastic spoon, it's good for tasting. Switched to a metal spoon, it bent. Upgraded to my Pampered Chef Bamboo thingamajig, awesome! This is what it looks like. I covered it with wrap and will let it set in the fridge until tomorrow night. I'll form it into a ball and roll it in Chili Powder!
Now get some Triscuits, Wheat Thins, Ritz Crackers, or card board and slather it all over and eat until you pop! Just remember this stuff will make you have breath that smells like a Dinosaur's!!!

Show some bloggy love!

~Robin

1 comment:

  1. You arent a big baby. Who likes to feel pain... esp in our girlie area?!!

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)