Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh. George Bernard Shaw

My Ode to Time Change
I do not like the time to change
It seems my mind is a bit deranged.
The time it is, I do not know
Do I come or do I go?

The sun is up when I wake
My brain is fried, I can not "thank"
We do not sow, we do not farm
This change of time, it does more harm.

I want to be of standard time
The states that are, do just fine.
Let's lobby to leave the time alone
So all my clocks are right at home!

I'm the last person to go to when you need comforting. I'm not the best at it. My first inclination is to crack a joke and ease the tension. Not always the most appropriate response in a somber situation.

Yesterday, I found out that my Uncle Bruce passed away suddenly from a heart attack. He was my dad's youngest brother (oops, despite me thinking this, he is NOT the youngest brother, my Uncle Kevin is, sorry Uncle Kevin). I will be going home for his visitation and graveside service. Please pray for my family during this difficult time.

~Robin

1 comment:

  1. As you know, I don't do serious very well either. Sympathy to you, my friend.

    LPage

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)