Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Mischief Managed - part 1

Even though the alarm didn't go off, we still managed to wake up at a decent time and got to the park by 10am. It wasn't bad. There were plenty of people there, but we didn't wait in line for anything more than 20-30 minutes.

We headed to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter straight away. We rode the Dueling Dragons and the Forbidden Journey. We liked Forbidden Journey so much we did it again! We ate at the Three Broomsticks TWICE. The first time we got Fish and Chips and a Frozen Butterbeer and shared every thing. The second time we got Cornish Pasties and a Raspberry Sweet Tea and shared again.

The Butterbeer wasn't awful. It was just really sweet and weird. The closest I can come to describing it is Butterscotch. The Cornish Pasties weren't bad either, just weird.

My phone died while we were in Harry Potter land. I had to switch to my digital camera. I can't find the cord to upload those pictures. Hopefully there will be a part 2 tomorrow with the rest of today's pictures.

It was very surreal being here. It was like I was in the movies. If it hadn't been for all the tourists I wouldn't have been shocked to see any of the characters strolling down the street! I do NOT regret going here. I would recommend it to any HP fan. The only downside is the COST. OMG everything is super expensive! The tickets were $85+tax, a bottle of water was $3. All the food was movie theater expensive! The Butterbeer in the souvenir cup was $11. The chocolate frog was $11. A post card was $1. I didn't even look at the wands. I can't imagine having children and bringing them here. I would go broke! Other than the cost of stuff, I had a blast!

We went to Seussland and rode a couple of rides there. We stopped for fried chicken legs and mashed potatoes and then to Superhero Island. We rode the Amazing Spiderman and the Incredible Hulk! Oh My Heavens! They were awesome. My poor body is still aching from all the slinging around and twisting and turning and flipping and jerking! I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat!

I did have to ride in the modified seats, but I was just thrilled I got to get on the rides. I was not ashamed that I had to ask. Six months ago there is no way I would have even fit in the modified seats.

We finally left around 4pm. We were beat! Back to the room for a nap and then to Perkin's for dinner. I had a cup of chicken noodle soup and chicken pot pie (with the crust removed.)

I have to tell you, I have been starving all day! I didn't eat much at any one meal, I was terrified of getting stuck in the park. Bathrooms are not plentiful and I didn't want to pee in my pants :) I did some major calorie burning today and that must be why I'm so hungry!

Here's today's funny:

Blaine is not a HP fan, he hasn't read a single book. The only time he's seen a movies is because I whined and he went with me. He doesn't know the little details like a true fan. That being said, Blaine was complaining about how weird it was to be hearing a high pitched girls voice in the loo. I just started laughing and had to explain about Moaning Myrtle!

Thanks for all the Bloggy Love, Keep up the good work!

~Robin

p.s. here are all my photos! I saved them for the end!
























2 comments:

  1. Just so ya know, the wands are $30. LOL Bought 2 when we took our 2 oldest granddaughters there in June for vacation/their birthdays. We are all HP fans and they had a blast too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, congrats on a)reaching and b)recognizing/celebrating a weight management milestone (talking about the seats)!!!! 8-) <3

    Secondly, I just woke my boyfriend up by laughing out loud when I read the part about Blaine & Moaning Myrtle. HAHAhahaHAHA!!! 8-D

    -Zachary Kyler

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)