Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

“Chicago ain't no sissy town.” - Hinky Dink Kenna

Today was our day for trying new restaurants!

For lunch we tried Humdinger's. It is grilled fish and piri-piri chicken. Piri-Piri is Swahili for pepper-pepper. They have a wide variety of menu items.

I ordered the three taco meal. I had a shrimp, piri-piri chicken, and tilapia taco. I chose the grilled zucchini as my side. YUM! I did NOT eat all of this. I did eat all the zucchini. I didn't eat any of the tortillas and only a few bites of the stuffing. I brought most of it home, after I scraped off the coleslaw (Elmer doesn't like coleslaw.) We had a coupon for buy one entree, get one free!
 Blaine ordered the fish and chips. It was very good!
 We also had a coupon for a free order of Humdinger shrimp. It reminded us of Bang-Bang Shrimp from Bonefish. Very good!
 For dinner we met our friend Char and Larry for dinner at Jimmy's. They do Chicago style dogs and pizza. I love the sign they have on their door. I think people who sag should just opt not to wear pants at all, as long as they're wearing undies!
 We ordered the 9" deep dish pizza. It had Italian sausage, onions, and mushrooms. You have to order it an hour before you want it. It takes that long for it to cook. 9" was more than enough for the two of us.
 Blaine wasn't really impressed with it, but I'm loving it. It's a mess, but yummy.
 We also ordered an Italian Beef sandwich, wet. I think that means they dipped it in the au jus before we got it. I got the hot Giardiniera pepper relish. I want a whole jar of this relish stuff. I'm going to look for it at Kroger tomorrow! The reason we ordered so much food is because we had a $25 gift certificate that was a use it or lose it.
We had a great time visiting with Char and Larry. They need to move closer!

~Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)