Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Cold, Hard Truth Part II


Almost twelve months when I began writing this blog, on a regular basis, it was for all the right reasons. I wanted to document my journey after lap-band surgery.

Somewhere along the way I lost my way. I got obsessed with how many people had clicked on my ads. I wanted people to visit and click. I didn't care if they read the blog or liked it. I just wanted the clicks.

Last week, I got an email from Adsense saying they were terminating my account because (in my words) their program didn't like when and where my clicks were generated.

I felt devastated. I was depressed. I then realized I was doing it for all the wrong reasons. This blog is for me, it's for anybody who wants to be a participant in my journey to a healthier me.

I'm sorry for losing my way. I took a few days off from blogging and realized that I missed it. AdSense or no, I want to blog. It has been an excellent way for me to keep track of what's going on in my life and how I'm feeling. It's an excellent way to vent and get things off of my chest. It's like a journal, that I let everybody read!

I've never kept a journal and here I've done it for almost a solid year. I enjoy reading your comments. Really! Being able to ask for opinions and information has been helpful.

Here are my New Year's Resolutions (so far):

To blog because I want to and for all the right reasons
To exercise at least twice a week (baby steps)
To decrease my sweet tea consumption
To increase my water consumption
To continue to lose weight


This time last year I was about 334 pounds. Today I weighed in at 266. That's 68 pounds! I would love to be less than 200 pounds this time next year. But that's a goal I'm not willing to set, yet. Let's see how things go!

Here I am in my new Batman shirt! Why don't they have a Robin?

Show some bloggy love!

~Robin


6 comments:

  1. I was honestly worried the past few days when you didn't blog. I thoroughly enjoy reading your posts...they are hilarious and most days I really need a good laugh!! I too am on a weight loss journey although it is at a standstill right now. Keep on blogging girl...Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, You are looking good girl. I wish I had the determination to lose some weight. Your blog is fun for me to read but I rarely make comments. I will do better!!! Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto to Catherine and Brenda! I enjoy reading, too, Robin! :) --Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the weight loss. You look great. Merry Christmas! Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. I understand your issues with blogging - I am struggling with mine. I love seeing your before and after pics, though. You look great! You should be proud of yourself for keeping up your blog and for all you've done to improve your health!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is more fun to drink water when you find a cool glass or bottle that makes you WANT to drink. :) nina

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)