Pages

Friday, December 2, 2011

“The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.” Jon Hammond

TGIF!!! Thank Goodness It's Friday! or if you're a blonde Toes Go In First!

We got home from work and I decided to make some scratch Macaroni and Cheese!
I boiled a bunch of No Yolk noodles. (bunch = whole bag)
Preheat the oven to 350
I melted a stick of butter in a non-stick pan
Dumped in a scoop of flour and made a roue (scoop = ~half a cup)
I mixed in a bunch of milk! (I didn't measure but it had to be at least 3 cups)
Stir Stir Stir!

Let it bubble, but not boil!
Added in a teaspoon of mustard powder. DO NOT USE THIS MUCH! IT MAKES IT HOT!!!!! Maybe a fourth or a dash, a teaspoon is way too much!
Stir stir stir

Added all the leftover white American cheese. (I think it was 8 slices)
Then I added what was left in the bag of finely shredded Mexican cheese (maybe a cup or a little more)
Stir Stir Stir!

Mix in:
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons of Sea Salt
1 cup chopped (frozen) onions
1 cup real bacon bits (I like Hormel in the jumbo bag from Sam's)
Stir Stir Stir

Turn off the heat!
Drain the noodles and mix them in
Stir Stir Stir!

Put all this in a baking pan
Top with some more cheese (I used mozzarella)
and bake it for 30 minutes

I was really tempted to top it with some crushed croutons or Ritz crackers, but I didn't, maybe next time.

Next I cooked some Chicken Strips and opened a couple of cans of green beans and got them hot. Dinner is served!

After dinner we went to Wal*Mart and then through Worthington Park! I took video of the lady with the ventriloquist dummy. They were singing Christmas songs.! I can't get the video to load to YouTube. I'll keep trying!

Show some bloggy love!

~Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)