Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Happy Endings!

I was all set to write a blog about how mad I was.

Today I got online and made an order for delivery from Papa John's.

25 minutes after I completed my online order I got a phone call. I wasn't able to answer it then. When I returned the call I was informed that they no longer deliver past 7th Street. This change was made due to a delivery person being robbed at gun point.

I told the guy who answered the phone that I was at a school and he was emphatic that I come and pick it up. I told him I was at a school and couldn't come and get it. I told him to cancel the order and that I wouldn't be patronizing them anymore. I also told him they needed to fix it online, I shouldn't be able to place a delivery order.

Needless to say I was LIVID! I was going around school telling everybody to boycott Papa John's. I couldn't believe that we were just 1 1/2 blocks past their delivery zone and that they wouldn't deliver to a school!

I called Domino's. You can't place a delivery order online with them either, but I called them and they agreed to deliver my order! Awesome they are my new hero!

After I finally calmed down and had a couple of slices,  I fired off a letter to Papa John's.

I told them all the details and how I understood that the safety of their drivers was important. I also told them there should be exceptions to every rule.

I was preparing an all-out storm across Twitter, facebook, and here on my blog about boycotting Papa John's. I was going to contact the NAACP and the ACLU and get Rev. Al Sharpton to come and lead a march on Papa John's. I wanted to organize a rally and talk about the injustices of not being able to have pizza delivered solely based on where my school was located. I wanted to start a movement and get the national media involved. I wanted to make my story known and be on television....Then I received an email.

This email is from the local franchise owner. I received it at 4:11 pm. Wow! Quick response! He said understood why I was so upset. He also told me that they would be delivering to my school during the day from now on. He's dedicated to fixing what went wrong.

He also included a couple of codes for free pizza! That always makes me happier.

I don't want you to think that I just fire off complaints on a regular basis. I only do it when I feel like it's something that needs to be made right. I figure that I can't be the first person this has happened to and that they need to make some changes.

I do NOT do it for the coupons I receive. I don't turn them down, I'm not crazy. I really do want the owners/managers to know what's going on.

I'm happy again with Papa John's. I appreciate the quick response and the solution to my problem. I won't be asking you to boycott them or trying to get Rev. Al to come down for a rally. Now I won't be on Good Morning America talking about how I was denied my Ham and mushroom pizza with extra sauce, double cut. I am pleased with how it all turned out. I'm really not ready for prime time, yet!

I'm happy and delightfully full!

Show some bloggy love!

~Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)