Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

“Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job.” Franklin P. Jones

Do you know what it's like to itch?

Do you know what it's like to itch and nothing relieves it?

Last night my back was hurting. It's been hurting for a while, but last night was almost unbearable. I couldn't get comfortable. Nothing was helping, I felt whiny and weepy.

I finally had had enough. I took a pain pill left over from when I had ankle surgery 2 1/2 years ago. That should say something for me. I don't take them often and it had to be hurting pretty bad for me to take it. (I had the same reaction to this medicine before when I took it!)

I took something called Oxycontin (I think that's the name.) Oh My Heavens! My back quit hurting. But in exchange, I was wide awake and trying to pull my skin off my body. I believe I drank 1/2 a bottle of diphenhydramine trying to get the itching to stop. I think I got about 4 hours of sleep.

Today, when we went shopping at Sam's, I started getting hot and the itching got worse. My sweet Blaine helped scratch my back.

I'm sure a few poor, unfortunate people were blinded by a flash of my frog belly white skin. Every where clothing touched, I itched. My belly and bra area seemed to be the worst.

Thank goodness the medicine is finally starting to wear off. I still don't know if the itching was worse than the pain. I would probably take it again!

I'm seriously considering a visit to a chiropractor or a massage therapist. I thought that with losing weight that my back wouldn't hurt as much. It seems to have gotten worse. Thank goodness for my heated recliner, it provides some relief!

I'm still a little itchy. I hope my back does better when I go to bed tonight.

I'm a bit of a hypochondriac, I know. I had Blaine check my spine for knots and tumors.

Any suggestions?

~Robin

1 comment:

  1. I would start with the massage. I went thru chiropractors and physical therapy and orthopedists and the only thing that gave me relief was massage. It's way cheaper so if it works, great! If not, you'll at least be more relaxed to tackle the other options. Hope you get some relief soon. And I know how a little how you feel with the itching problem. I had that from Hydrocodone after surgery. ~VBeasley

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)