Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's the end of the world as we know it (and I feel fine.) - R.E.M.

I don't really believe the world will end in 2012. I do believe we should live our lives as if every day is our last.

 My mother-in-law invited us over for lunch. All the traditional "good luck" foods! Black-eyed peas, greens, hog jowl, and some other stuff, just because it's good!
 Char and Larry and Todd and Shirey came over last night. We had a taco bar and played games. We had a great time.
Somehow, I didn't get a picture of Larry on this computer. I'll try and load it from my iPad and see if I can get it on here later!
It's been ten years today since my momma went to be with Jesus.
I miss her.
I miss all the things I didn't get to share with her.
I miss the hugs and the stories.
I miss being able to call her and ask her how to cook something.
I miss how she remembered things.
I wish she could have known Blaine and all the others that have joined our family since she left.

Happy New Year!

~Robin

My resolutions:

Drink more water
Exercise more

1 comment:

  1. You were blessed to have such a sweet momma, Robin! May God comfort you with wonderful memories of her. I know you miss her like crazy.

    Pam D.

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)