Pages

Monday, January 2, 2012

“The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” - Donald Kendall

Going back to work after a long break is tough.

I'm bad during vacation time.
I go to bed late.
I wake up late.
I take naps.

None of the things I get to do when school is in session.

This year, we had a day of teacher training our first day back. Thank goodness!

I might have had an schizhoid embolism if the students had been there today.
Due to:
Lack of sleep.
Lack of caffeine.
Too many people saying stuff didn't work and I didn't know how to fix it.
I'm definitely going to bed early tonight!

Thank goodness for Bruce! He's our Tech Guru extroidinairre! He's saved me more times than I can count. He needs a raise!!!

We have 96 more mornings to get up and go to work until Summer Vacation! I love my job. I love Summer Vacation too!

When the day was done it wasn't so bad and I didn't have a bald spot (from pulling out my hair!)

Sweet Blaine took me to Central BBQ for some Banana Pudding! Then we headed to Gus's for some Spicy Fried Chicken.

When we got home we headed for a walk around the block. We stopped for a visit with Blaine's parents and then headed back home. It's gotten chilly and I wore TWO hats!

I've been slacking about taking my meds and I feel like I've put about 5 pounds on in the past few days. I need to get back on a schedule about taking them regularly.  That "pee pill" is a life saver!

Things I'm proud of today:
Brought our lunch from home
Unloaded and loaded the dishwasher as soon as we got home.
Organized the plastic containers cabinet
Walked to Blaine's parents and back
Started planning our Spring Break '12 trip!

~Robin

1 comment:

  1. You should tell your readers about your addiction to containers with lids! haha

    I am adopting one of your resolutions for myself - drink more water!
    Keep up the good work!

    LPage

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)