Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

“Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.” - Benjamin Franklin

Today was our first day back with the students.

It always makes me happy to see the kids wanting to be in the library!


I love this dip! 
 1- 3lb. brick of Velveeta
1 can Chili no beans
2 cans original rotel
Put in the crock pot and heat and mix until nice and hot!
I love this stuff!!!


 Blaine gave me these "knitting for dummies" looms.
Tonight I attempted my first hat.
True love is when he wears your awful hat, lets you take pictures, and post them on your blog!

I think I need to use much thicker yarn. Although, I believe you could thread a pony tail through the holes in this hat!

The other night at our New Year's Eve party, I had a fancy bottle of wine. (I think I paid $11 for it at Sam's!) Shirey and I were trying to get the cork out and managed to break both the corkscrew and the cork!

Yesterday I finally made it to Dollar Tree where I purchased a new high dollar corkscrew! After much grunting and twisting I finally got out what was left of the cork.

After doing a taste test, I had to figure out a way to cover it, since the cork was shot. This is a ziploc bag and a Pampered Chef tie. Hope it works!

According to my friend Lisa, I have an obsession for containers with lids. Last night I organized my containers with lids and I'm pleased with how it turned out!

Thanks to my wonderful mother-in-law for cooking us dinner and sending us home with leftovers for lunch tomorrow!

Things I'm proud of today:

I only drank water and milk.
We took our lunch to school.
I unloaded and loaded the dishwasher as soon as I got home from school.
I have lunch ready for school tomorrow.
I knitted a hat, even though it's kinda pitiful.

~Robin

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I have two cabinets about the same size as those in your pic. These hold my dinner plates, salad plates, a dozen cereal bowls, my gigantic mixing bowl, weird serving dishes, and ALL my containers with lids! You have two cabinets full of your addiction. Wow! I will tell you something that may be considered kinda odd... The lower part of the china has a compter monitor in it. The fancy leaded bowl on display holds my one and only shotgun shell.

    Lpage
    Loving the blog! BTW, if you did not store the wine on its side, the cork will dry out and become brittle. The wine will go bad if you dry out the cork for a long time. I thought after your time at M in M, you'd be an expert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crapola you did a great job with your plastic ware!!! And yeah... the cheesey dip is DELISH!

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)