Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Many things to tell and I'm horrible at segues.

I ordered some boots at Shoe Carnival. They are in and we have to go to Memphis tomorrow night to get them. Yay!!!

Tuesday, we left at as soon as school was over. We headed to Heber Springs, for my uncle's visitation.  I love visiting with my relatives, just not the reason we were all together. 

My cousin Candy writes a blog Slightly Overcaffeinated. I read EVERY post. I love keeping up with her and her family. It was great talking to her. I knew what had been going on in her life. She's a great writer and her kids are adorable!

While we were at the visitation, a pastor friend came up and told me that he'd found the proofs from my senior high photo shoot. They were in a book that my dad gave him.

I remember looking for those pictures and never finding them. We moved about a month after I graduated from high school. I also remember that I paid $5 for each of those photos from Jenkins Photography. Have Mercy! As soon as I get my new phone I'll take some pics of the pics and let you share in my blast from the past!

Oh yeah, the shutter on my phone's camera went kaput! That's why there's been a serious decrease in my photo posting. Thank goodness it was still under warranty! I should be getting my new one any day!

The funeral was tough. My uncle was 63. That's so young. It broke my heart. I remember how I felt when my mom died and I knew what my cousins were going through. I did the whole hiccuping ugly crying. I tried not to, but I just couldn't stop.

I remember spending the night and he came out with panty hose on his head. He was hollering like a monster. I might have peed in my pants just a little. He was an awesome uncle!

The church, where my dad is pastor,  hosted a lunch for the family after the interment at the cemetery. My uncle had been a member there for years and those folks still loved him. It was very touching and appreciated.

On the way home we stopped at Dollar General to get me some quick-melt acetaminophen. We bought a couple of drinks too and then left. When we got out to the car, we realized the checker hadn't charged us for one of the drinks. My sweetie pie went back inside and gave her the money. SHE DIDN'T EVEN SAY THANK YOU! What the heck? He did something, I don't even know if I'd have done it. I don't think most folks would have and she couldn't even say thank you?

The reason we were buying the quick-melts is because my ear was hurting. I had been feeling nauseated and dizzy all day. Everything I ate was making me throw up. (No I'm not prego!) I felt so bad, we even skipped Trivia! First time I have missed since we went to Orlando!

This morning about 4 am I woke up with my ear hurting.

No school for me, I went to Doc-In-A-Box. There was a line outside waiting for them to open!!! I was third, whew!

I got a shot and FOUR prescriptions. I feel so much better. By the time I got my prescriptions filled and had taken the medicine, I was feeling so much better! Blaine even came home and checked on me. I love him!

I cooked potato soup, roast with potatoes, carrots, onions, and celery in the crock pot, did all the laundry, stripped the bed, and (for the first time ever) watched Keeping up with the Kardashians. SMH what is with Bruce Jenner wearing two diamond earrings and having had almost as much plastic surgery as Joan Rivers?

I can assure you, I will not begin DVRing this show. I'm pretty sure it will be an immediate channel flip in the future!

Today was a beautiful day. The temperature inside the house got up to 66 degrees! This evening I decided to open the front door and let in some cooler air. I noticed several of my neighbors outside chatting. I decided to join in. We chatted outside for over an hour!

I love my neighborhood and most of my neighbors!

Sorry for all the ramblin' I had stuff I wanted to get down. I wanted to put it down for my memory! It's awful and needs all the help it can get!

~Robin



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out, hon. Let's try to see each other under better circumstances next time, k? (Did I mention how good you look??)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We definitely need to plan an Elvis/Beale street weekend! Southwest is supposed to start servicing Memphis soon, if not already!

      Delete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)