Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge. ~Bertrand Russell

I love Mondays, as long as they are a Federal holiday and I'm not required to report to work!

I had a hoppin' weekend! It started out Friday night with a little something we call GNO (Girls Night Out.) I drank so much sweet tea that I was awake until 4AM!!! I'm not allowed to post pictures of the other attendees but Tona is cool!
 Saturday was fun too! We qualified for the semi-finals of the Mid-South Trivia league!!! It was based on how many points we accumulated during the months of November, December, and January.

I asked a couple of teachers from school to help out our "team." We usually play with three people, but could have up to five for the semi-finals. I thought, might as well take as many as we can!
 They gave the scores at half-time and we were 23rd out of 30-something teams. Oh the shame :( At least we weren't in last place! During the second half we seemed to be doing much better. We were SHOCKED when they called out the scores before the final question and we were in SECOND place! We didn't get the final question right but we managed to end the night in 7th place. That was good enough for us to qualify for the finals next weekend!! I was super stoked!

So excited my ankle gave way when I was toe-ing off my shoes.
  


I didn't go to the doctor or the ER. But it's the same ankle I had reconstructive surgery on in 2009. I still have my walking boot. So I took some Benadryl and went to bed. I've worn the boot all weekend to give my ankle a rest.
 Sunday morning my mother-in-law called and invited us over for lunch. She had meat, carrots, and gravy, mashed potatoes, white beans, and GREENS. I'm not able to eat greens as much, since I got banded, but I do love some POT LIKKER! Pot Likker is the juice from a mess of greens. I add a little hot sauce and some salt and I'm in heaven!!!!! This stuff is probably bad for me, but I love it!

She's awesome, she fixed me up a jar to take home with me! LOVE her!


Sunday night we played more trivia and managed to win first! whoohoo!

Today, we met our friends Sara and Allen at Uncle Lou's.  This restaurant was featured on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. I look forward to going back! They were out of banana pudding and I love me some banana puddin!

After lunch Blaine and I went to see Ghost Rider 2. I didn't like it, Blaine had to watch 30 minutes of Entertainment Tonight and Whitney Houston's funeral coverage to equal the pain that movie caused me. 95 minutes of Ghost Rider 2 = 30 minutes of Whitney Houston's funeral in Blaine's world. That's "new math."

~Robin





No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)