Pages

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

“Many doctors pay their grocery bill with the money of folks who have eaten too much” - unknown

This past Sunday will now be known as the Great Grocery Day. I spent oodles of money. I had over $70 in coupons. I hadn't been "major" grocery shopping since before Spring Break.

I try to go every 1-2 weeks. I haven't gone this long in a lonnnnng time! As a result of the oodles of money I spent. I'm trying to keep up with what and when we eat. I also want to track our supplemental spending.

Before I get started, I'm happy to report we won first place at trivia! AWESOME! 

So here we go:

Sunday, after FOUR hours of shopping at Wal-Mart and Kroger, I finally returned. I put up most everything. After trivia we shared a Zatarain's Blackened Chicken Alfredo and Blaine had a Roast Beef Sandwich.

Monday: For lunch a couple of cans of soup. After school, we stopped by Wal-Mart and bought the tomatoes I forgot, pico de gallo, chopped purple onions, and a loaf of bread (~$8)
Taco Night!

Tuesday: I was home sick. I had Collard Greens and beef vegetable soup. Blaine had a can of soup at school for lunch. I made a crock pot full of beef vegetable soup and froze FIVE containers.
For dinner Blaine used a coupon and got five pieces of chicken, two individual sides of mashed potatoes, two biscuits, and a medium tea for ~$8. I cooked black-eyed peas, sliced tomatoes, cooked green beans, and mixed up some cornbread!

Wednesday: Lunch leftover taco salad fixin's with some roast beef for a salad and leftover chicken and mashed potatoes for lunch.

Blaine had dinnner from Big Star and I ate at Colton's with the Girls. (~$15)

After Trivia I had a can of light Progresso Clam Chowder.

~Robin





No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)