Pages

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

“I seldom end up where I wanted to go, but almost always end up where I need to be.” - Douglas Adams

When I was in high school my GT class buried a time capsule. As far as I know, it's still buried.

I remember that we wrote what we thought we'd be doing when we grew up. I am nowhere near what I thought I'd be.

I thought I'd be working in advertising in the big city. I thought I'd have kids. I NEVER imagined I'd be living in West Memphis as a librarian that loves growing tomatoes. I believe my Mom would be shocked about the tomatoes! Blaine was never the man I saw myself married too. He's the man I'm meant to be with for the rest of my life. He's my other half. I know it's sappy, but it's true.

My life is good and I thank God for that. It is so much better than I could have ever imagined.

If I even try to imagine where I'll be in 25 years, I'm sure I'll be way off!

In 25 years I'll be 67 years old. I hope I'll be drawing my Social Security (if there's any left!) Blaine and I will hopefully be living some place else. If Blaine has his wish, it'll be some place near the ocean.

I just want us both to be happy and healthy.

Where did you think you'd be 25 years after graduation? Where do you think you'll be in 25 years?

~Robin

1 comment:

  1. Lets see... What did I think I would be doing.. where would I be 25 years after graduation?? I figured I'd be married to my high school sweet heart with some grandchildren. My job would be babysitting the grandbabies. bawhahahaha!!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)