Pages

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

I'd hit you in the butt with a stick, but I'm afraid I'll cause brain damage! (Blaine quoting a movie he can't remember)

I love Blaine. Our life isn't perfect (I know you're shocked!)

There are days we fuss and fight (that's normal!)

I love and like him more today than I did when we got married. He makes me laugh. He puts up with my craziness.

I look forward to spending the rest of my life with him!

Today we just went running around town.

Lunch was at Humdinger's. I had a coupon for Buy One Entree Get One Free.

After we ate, we watched Prometheus. Blaine really liked it. I'm not big on people getting eaten movies.

We went to a book store to see how many of my old books they would buy. We got new books, didn't have to give any money, AND we have credit left!

The front flower beds are still a work in progress. We headed to Home Depot and got 12 more bricks for our project. We plan on having it finished by Saturday! I also bought some flower seeds, and a hand tiller too!

We ended the night with a trip to Lenny's with a BOGO coupon. Blaine got a sandwich and I got a salad! We headed to China Kitchen and got some Hot and Sour and Wonton Soup.

Since being banded soup is my friend. When all else fails I can eat soup.

I haven't lost any weight in quite some time. It's my fault, not the bands. I don't do daily walks like I should. I eat cheetos and cupcakes. I drink sweet tea and fruit punch.

Am I surprised? No!

I've always done well at the beginning of any diet and then fell off the wagon. I know this isn't a diet, this is a life change. I'm still good with the weight I've managed to lose and keep off. 70-75 pounds (I bounce around a little) is a big deal.

My knee and hip don't' hurt anything like they did pre-surgery. I just feel better in general.

Would I do the surgery again? yes! Would I have considered the gastric sleeve a little longer? yes. I know several people who've done the gastric sleeve. They've had great results and don't have near the maintenance that I do with the band.

Ask me again in a few years, we'll see if my answer changes.

~Robin

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same way... I'm all gungho at first then I fizzle out. And you're right... 70-75lbs is a HUGE deal. Congrats on keeping it off so long.

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)