Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Hooker Chicken Recipe

Hooker Chicken

Raw Chicken - however much you wanna eat
Buttermilk - enough to cover the chicken
Flour - good grief I was supposed to measure? uhmm 2 cups?
Egg - 1
Salt - a dash
Sea Salt - sprinkles
Pepper - 4 hard shakes
Honey - a bear full
Pecans - 1 cup (maybe I didn't measure, I hate having to wash the measuring cups)
Bourbon - oh heavens, an ounce, maybe two if you wanna drink one?
Garlic Salt - two shakes out of the can
Stick of Butter - one whole stick, God Bless Paula Deen
Brown sugar - dang, I just grabbed the biggest clump out of the bag. Maybe 1/2 cup?

Cover raw chicken in Buttermilk, save some for the batter (maybe a cup). Soak for at least a couple of hours. I soaked mine for two days. I meant to cook it yesterday and got distracted.

Put the pecans on a cookie sheet, drizzle with honey, sprinkle with sea salt.
Bake at 350, take it out before it burns. (Wish I'd had these instructions)

Melt stick of butter, add shot of bourbon, (check on the pecans) drink a shot of bourbon, two shakes of garlic salt, brown sugar.
Bring to a boil while stirring constantly (check on the pecans!)

Take pecans out of the over before they turn black (dang, I needed this!) Chop up and add to sauce. (Don't forget to turn off the oven!) Let this simmer on LOW. Then turn it off and let it thicken.  (I just looked at mine, now it looks like caramel. I wish I'd left out the garlic salt and it would be delish on some vanilla ice cream!)

Take the chicken out of the the buttermilk. I washed mine and patted it dry. I don't know why, I just did. You can do what you want.

Mix up: 1 egg, 1 cup flour, 1 cup buttermilk, salt and pepper to taste. Mix it up, it should be kinda thick.

Mix up: 1 cup flour and salt, pepper to taste.

I rolled the chicken in the flour, dipped it in the batter, then rolled it in the flour again. I think I saw them do this on the Food Network. If I'm wrong, do it the right way! Don't listen to me, I'm still learning. Keele didn't use batter, I love crunchy fried batter, so I modified, sue me.

I dropped it in my Fry Daddy. Keele used an electric skillet. Do whatever makes you happy. Just get the chicken done, don't get Salmonella or some raw chicken disease! Check on the sauce and stir it.

Let the chicken cool, pour sauce on top, or on the side, it's a personal choice. Serve it up.

I have to warn you the sauce is super sweet, don't go over board until you've taste-tested it. Keele didn't use brown sugar, but it looked good, so in it went! Make it your own recipe, give it a new name. Be a rebel, don't use the measuring cups!

Robin

p.s. don't ask me what kind of flour it was, I have no idea.




1 comment:

  1. haha @ dont forget to turn off the oven (that was for me even tho you didnt know it! lol)

    ReplyDelete

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)