Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Party, Party, Stay out Late! We're the class of '88!


I thought I'd been stood up!

I flashed back to my BB (Before Blaine) years. You sit there waiting for them to show, then you start to worry,  the waitresses look at you with the "aww bless her heart' look, and you just want to crawl under the table. You finally decide you've waited long enough and you'd like your check and a to-go box.

Tonight, she was late, but she didn't stand me up. My classmate Rhonda and her husband showed up. I immediately knew why she was late. She was toting her THREE WEEK OLD granddaughter with her. Belle was just a doll. She's gorgeous. She slept most of the time. A few times she'd open her eyes and give us the ol' "stink eye." But a real beauty!

We were the only ones who showed for this planning meeting. We'll see how things turn out!

I can't believe that 25 years ago I was getting ready to start my Senior year of high school! I wish I had a picture from then to post. I think I look like a totally different person. I know I feel like one.

If I could sit down and have a little talk with my 17 year old self, I wonder what I'd tell her?

Would I try and convince her that cheetos aren't a food group?
Tell her how important it is that she exercises and moisturizes?
That she shouldn't just go for the first guy that is interested in her?
Definitely that she needs to hug more on her mom and call her more often!
How sometimes no attention from men is better than any attention you can get?
Why to make men respect her at all time and not allow them to behave badly?
Maybe that butter is always better than margarine, but to remember portion control?
Perhaps that alcohol does NOT make you a good singer or a good decision maker?
Most importantly don't marry a man you met on the internet?!??!?!?

All these things would have changed the person I am today. I wouldn't be who I am if I hadn't gone through the things I've experienced. I might not be married to Blaine.

So, I don't think I'd tell her anything. I'd take a couple of photos of the two of us and post them to facebook.

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)