Pages

Saturday, December 5, 2015

A blast from the past!

I was on the phone with my niece, Trysta, talking about Christmas dinner. She started talking about the broccoli cheese casserole that was always at Granny's or Mama's during the holidays. 

I told her that several years ago our Aunt Olivia had scanned a copy of the recipe, that's in Mama's handwriting, and I would try to find it. It was the very first place I looked!

This is a transcript of what it says:
Broccoli Casserole
2 packages frozen broccoli 
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup mayonnaise 
2 eggs, well beaten
1 stick margarine 
1 box croutons (onion & garlic flavored)
1 lb. cheese, grated

Cook broccoli. Drain. In large bowl, combine soup, onion, eggs, and mayonnaise. Fold in broccoli. Place in large casserole dish. Cover mixture with grated cheese. Cover with croutons, which have been mixed with melted butter. Bake at 350 for about 30 minutes. 

Edit from Robin: I remember her adding rice to it sometimes. I think she was making the ingredients stretch😎
My mama's Broccoli Cheese casserole recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are leaving a comment at "Anonymous", please "sign" your comment :)